Come on out and join thousands of kids, families and friends to show your spirit, have fun and raise money for your school!!!
11am – 8:30pm come out on your schools day!
April 23 – LINCOLN
April 29 – LONGFELLOW
April 30 – IRVING
May 1 – BEYE
May 6 – HATCH
May 8 – HOLMES
May 13 – MANN
May 14 – WHITTIER
May 3 – BROOKS MIDDLE SCHOOL
May 10 – JULIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
PRIZE DRAWING – The prize drawing is held at Tasty Dog (date TBD). Open to the public. Winners need not be present to win.
What is The Tasty Dog Challenge?
A fun community-focused fundraising event, hosted by casual dining family favorite Tasty Dog and supported by local businesses to raise money for the PTO’s of Oak Park’s elementary schools in District 97.
- Over $26,00 raised to-date
- Over 4,000 children and families having fun and showing their school spirit
- Sponsors include many local businesses such as Gloor Realty, Austin Music Center, Radio Flyer – and professional sports teams such as Chicago Bears, Bulls, Blackhawk, Cubs, Fire and Wolves – and celebrities such as actor Mark Wahlberg. (See full sponsor list)
- Media coverage in the Chicago Tribune, Oak Leaves, Wednesday Journal, as well as Elmhurst and Melrose Park papers, as well as many websites
Our goals for 2014:
- Raise an additional $10,000!
How does it work?
Every school can raise money in three ways:
1) Each school has a day at Tasty Dog to bring in as many people as they can. Tasty Dog gives back 15% of every sale to the school’s PTO. All menu items, including fruit cups, milk and other healthy options, are offered and eligible for The Challenge.
2) Based on their final standings in The Challenge, every school can earn hundreds of additional dollars from the cash award donations provided by local business.
3) Schools can sell $1 tickets to the prize drawing. 100% of the proceeds from raffle ticket sales go directly to each school. There is no limit to what they can earn!
In addition, several businesses have provided give-aways at Tasty Dog on each school’s day. Last year over 3,500 toothbrushes, book store coupons and other items were given to families and kids.
Which school was the 2013 champion?
The Whittier Wildcats was last year’s first place winner.
Hatch school came in second place, with Beye school coming in third.
Why is it needed?
America’s schools are experiencing tough financial times in this tight economy. Like many others, Oak Park elementary schools are striving to continue providing high-quality education with increasingly smaller budgets. The Tasty Dog Challenge, with the help of other businesses in the community, support our PTO’s (Parent Teacher Organizations) by raising money to help them cover education costs such as buying books for school libraries, buying needed school supplies for classrooms, and paying for school buses for field trips, just to name a few.
Who are our participating businesses?
Many of our 2013 businesses and sponsors are joining us again, as well as new supporters:
- Tasty Dog
- Gloor Realty
- Sunstar Dental
- Radio Flyer
- MagicTree Bookstore
- The Chicago Bulls
- The Chicago Wolves
- The Chicago Cubs
- Circle Bowl
- Lake Street Theater
- OP Tennis and Fitness Centre
- School of Rock
- and many more!
Tasty Dog is located at 708 Lake St Oak Park, IL 60301